The Sustainable Oceans NRT is led by resource economist James Sanchirico, with assistance from other Sustainable Oceans faculty who represent the disciplinary breadth of the program, an external advisory committee, and nonacademic partners. You can contact us via Coordinator, Maya deVries.
- James N. Sanchirico, PI
- Marissa L. Baskett, Co-PI
- Louis Botsford, Co-PI
- Alan Hastings, Co-PI
- Nann E. Fangue, Co-PI
- Maya deVries, Academic Administrator
- Cheryl Schwab, Assessor
- Executive Committee: Jim Sanchirico, two additional faculty, and a graduate student
- Recruiting, Mentoring, and Retention Committee: Marissa Baskett, two additional faculty
- Admissions Committee: Alan Hastings, two faculty, one trainee
- Curriculum and Symposium Committee: Loo Botsford, two faculty, two trainees.
- Internship, Visiting Scientist, and Fieldtrip Committee: Nann Fangue, two faculty, two trainees
UC Davis faculty interested in serving on a Sustainable Oceans administrative committee, please contact PI Jim Sanchirico.
- Lorenzo Ciannelli (Professor, Oregon State, PI of NRT): experience with running a successful NRT program in marine science; general program implementation
- Chris Dewees (Professor Emeritus, UC Davis): fisheries policy; field trips and basecamps
- Carole Hom (Academic Coordinator, UC Davis): expertise with running training grants and recruiting students; general program implementation
- Krista Kamer (Director of CSU COAST): cultivates marine science programs for the California State University system; partner for the CMSI-COAST Scholars program
- Jim McQuillen (Director of the Department of Education, Yurok Tribe): runs extensive education program for the Yurok Tribe; planning and implementing internships, field trip, basecamp, facilitating cross educational programs for their students and ours
- Maria Rea (Assistant Regional Administrator of NOAA California Central Valley Office): fisheries policy; field trips, internships, basecamps
- Jim Wilen (Professor Emeritus, UC Davis): fisheries economics and policy; graduate training and mentoring, curriculum development and mentoring
This is coming soon.